The diving bell & the butterfly.



I had to watch the film for my course, as I was doing my essay on it and let me tell you it is a great film, very beautifully shot and a great moving story. It is based on the book of the same name which I decide to give a read as it is an autobiography of Dominique Bauby, the editor of the french Vogue magazine, depicting his life after a stroke which paralyzed the entirity of his body except his left eyelide. With the blinking of his eyelid he managed to communicate and write the book. That alone is a great achievement and worth reading the book for.

When I talk about books, films etc and 'reviewing' them, I don't usually say much, cause whenever I read reviews either positive or negative before seeing or reading it, I feel my mind is influeced by it and doesn't let me to form my own genuine. So I am not going to say much, I will leave it to you to review it.

Bauby already a writer and the desire to write a book long before his stroke, didn't suprise with how the book was beautifully written. I found it very interesting and touching not in a sobby way but in a grounded human reality kind of way (if that makes sense at all). Give it a read and let me know what your thoughts :)

xxx




1 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful movie. I watched it myself without knowing at all what I was in for. I was pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete

 

'Grab a Blog Button'

asecrettokeepblog.blogspot.com

Twitter Updates

Meet the Author

Meet the Author
Film student, blogger and chocolate addict, currently in search of big adventures! Moved from Greece to England to chase something. I adore french cinema, vintage style and anything related to chocolate and cinnamon. I blog all the things I love and don't. xxxx Daniella